At Burendo, our AWS certified engineers are experienced at conducting WARs are we will work with you to produce a prioritised risk-based list of recommendations out the back of the assessment.
A WAR uses the AWS Well-Architected Tool to assess your existing AWS estate against the 6 pillars in the Well-Architected Framework:
- Operational excellence: running and monitoring your systems day-to-day.
- Security: Protecting your estate from harm, keeping your data safe and ensuring integrity.
- Reliability: Enabling self-recovery and improving the speed you can get up and running against in the worst cases.
- Performance Efficiency: How well your system deals with (potentially unexpected) spikes in traffic, optimising the system for your work and ensuring you have the right resources deployed.
- Cost Optimisation: Monitoring your cost spend, ensuring you are using the right sized resources, taking advantage of cost saving measures such as spending plans and getting value for money.
- Sustainability: Maximising your resource utilisation and minimising your impact on the environment.
Burendo will work with you on the following:
- Help set up your estate in readiness for the review (including AWS accounts and IAM permissions).
- Conduct an AWS Well-Architected Review on the AWS estate.
- Help you fill in the responses in the tool if required.
- Compile a list of potential improvements and best practice change.
- Produce a report detailing the improvements and suggested priorities.
- Present the report back to you.
The report you get is yours to own. Whether with Burendo or anyone else, we recommend repeating the review at regular intervals (6 months is a good amount) and comparing your results against the initial WAR baseline to show your progression.